If your home has hot water radiators in each room for heat, you have a boiler to heat the water. Like a furnace, the energy efficiency of a boiler is given as the Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). Boilers manufactured since 1992 must have an AFUE of at least 80%. We offer a complete line of gas and oil boilers starting at 80% AFUE and up.
Before calling for emergency boiler service, please read the tips below. It may prevent a service call or help us diagnose your problem quicker:
- Check the settings on your thermostat. Make sure the temperature control selector is set above the current room temperature, and the system switch is on the HEAT or AUTO position.
- Try to get the boiler to turn on by raising the thermostat to its highest temperature setting.
- Check the power disconnect switch by the boiler.
- Check the fuse/breaker at the electrical panel for the boiler.
- Check to make sure you have fuel oil or check to make sure the gas control valve to the boiler is open.
- Check the pilot light. (Electronic ignitions will not have a pilot light).
- If the problem persists, please contact us.